Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SariYappa
Terrible Teen
Terrible Teen

PostSubject: * Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC *   March 26th 2010, 16:07

Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC

UPDATE:

Many of you know Laurie (Suggiemom/LGG owner) and her escapades with "Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue" here in SC. What you may not know, is that Laurie moved up north, to Vermont. So, now there are 2 rescue efforts...

1. Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue VT: Laurie will run this out of Vermont
2. Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC: Jana (gr8pots) and Sari (Sariyappa) will run this out of SC

This was a natural progression of events, since Jana was fully involved in Gottaluvsuggies w/ Laurie for the past 2 years, with some help from myself as well. This is a new endeavor for us, and we had a situation recently with 3 rescue gliders, and got some help from the LGG vet fund (THANKS for helping the gliders!).
white flag Please understand, that there will be limits to the amount of Gliders (and glider slaves) that we will be able to assist at this current time. We do not want to get in over our heads, before we even get started.

These are two separately run rescue efforts, even though we share a similar name. We thought it would be beneficial (and less confusing) to locals if we kept the name for those that have been involved in the past, as well as in the future. We are in the process of many new and exciting things, and we will continue to update the glider community as things progress.

1. We have filed a 33-31-202: article of incorporation for a Non Profit Status with the state of SC - This is the first step to obtaining a 501c3.
2. We are currently working on a plan to raise money for the "Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC".
The first monies will go to paying back the LGG Vet Fund. Additional monies will be used to pay for the current rescues. Additional donations will be put directly into the Vet Account at Dr. Gleaton's (Roper Mountain Animal Hospital) for future rescue endevours. Dr. G's info is public knowledge, and all money will be verifiable after the money is collected.
3. We are going to have a Critter Bin Auction as our first attempt to raise this money. This is a "non raffle".

We recently ran a photo contest, (congratulations Lauri Magiceyez w/ the winning photo). This photo will be the item (download) that can be purchased in the Critter Bin Auction. The idea is, that you may purchase downloads of the winning photo (no limit to how many downloads you wish to purchase) and with EACH download purchased, you will get a FREE CHANCE to win this one time promotional gift, a Big Basket of Goodies! There can only be ONE winner of the "Big Basket of Goodies". This is not a raffle, and there will be explicit instructions for all those who participate.

ddream We are currently looking for donations for the "Big Basket of Goodies". If you would like to participate, please PM me at SariYappa on either LGG, Glider Central, SGN or Glider Gossip. Everyone is eligible to participate! (I will also make a separate thread for this topic)

Items currently in the Big Basket of Goodies:
1. Hippie Pouch WITH Matching Toy from The Suggie Smart Mart by SariYappa
2. Gift Certificate for a Custom Cage Liner, Corner Hammock, and Bridge from Jana's Suggie Shoppe
3. A Cage Set WITH Matching Toys from Jen (jen102375)

We will be contacting vendors via PM for possible donations. If you are contacted, and are not willing/able to participate at this time, please do not be offended by the request. A simple reply of "No Thank You" will suffice. ducking
hugging Please remember, this is for "the good of the glider" and rescue sugar gliders in need. Any and all people's generosity would be greatly appreciated!

thankyou all, and we will update you as things progress.

Sari & Jana
Back to top Go down
http://suggiesmartmart.com
SariYappa
Terrible Teen
Terrible Teen

PostSubject: Re: * Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC *   March 27th 2010, 21:50

Okay, here is an updated list of "The Big Basket of Goodies"

2. Gift Certificate for a Custom Cage Liner, Corner Hammock, and Bridge from Jana's Suggie Shoppe
3. A Cage Set WITH Matching Toys from Jen (jen102375)
4. Candy Otte:A GliderKids Carrier AND some Cage Door twist locks from Candy Otte
5. An HPW pack from Peggy (SRLB)
6. A Black Magnum Wheel Gift Certificate from AtticWorx (Anita)
(Wheel will be shipped directly to the winner)
7. A Drop Pendant Toy from Spoiled Rotten Suggies by Davie (BindieAndScrubbie)

Very Happy Suggie people Rock!!

thankyou Everyone!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MagicEyez
Bundle Of Joy
Bundle Of Joy

PostSubject: Re: * Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC *   April 7th 2010, 16:31

And now there is an amazing goodie tray / treat tray on the line as well!!

Mine, allllllllllllll mine I say!! (well, hopefully!! lol)
Back to top Go down
queenduck
Co-Owner and Queen
Co-Owner and Queen

PostSubject: Re: * Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC *   April 7th 2010, 16:49

Sari, I missed it. What are you going to do with this big basket of goodies? Is it a raffle, when and where? Do you have a deadline for getting items?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Alicia aka Queenduck or Sissy pouch Queen, ask me where to get them.

Via con Deios, Davie
Back to top Go down
queenduck
Co-Owner and Queen
Co-Owner and Queen

PostSubject: Re: * Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC *   April 7th 2010, 16:51

Quote :
We recently ran a photo contest, (congratulations Lauri Magiceyez w/ the winning photo). This photo will be the item (download) that can be purchased in the Critter Bin Auction. The idea is, that you may purchase downloads of the winning photo (no limit to how many downloads you wish to purchase) and with EACH download purchased, you will get a FREE CHANCE to win this one time promotional gift, a Big Basket of Goodies! There can only be ONE winner of the "Big Basket of Goodies". This is not a raffle, and there will be explicit instructions for all those who participate.

Duh, I had to read that like 3 times before I figured it out. LOL. OK, so has it started yet? If so please post critterbin link here, we do allow them, if not, post it when it is ready. I don't have anything extra right now or I'd donate and I have no time. So I'll buy pictures when it is time Smile

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Alicia aka Queenduck or Sissy pouch Queen, ask me where to get them.

Via con Deios, Davie
Back to top Go down
SariYappa
Terrible Teen
Terrible Teen

PostSubject: Re: * Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC *   April 8th 2010, 00:01

Thanks Alicia!
We are still accepting donations everybody!! Very Happy
We are asking that they be shipped to me no later than April 20th.
As Lauri said, we have an addition to the Goodie Basket...

Kristy just donated a Treat Basket! It includes ALL THIS STUFF!:

1 blueberry/papaya fruit treat mix 195 g bag
1 papaya 8 oz bag
1 6 oz package of yoggies
1 5oz package of papaya and mango
1 goji berry treat 3 oz package

Thanks Kristy!!!!!!!
hugs

As soon as the Critter Bin auction is up and running, I'll post it here for everyone to get their chance!!!
Back to top Go down
SariYappa
Terrible Teen
Terrible Teen

PostSubject: Re: * Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC *   April 14th 2010, 08:06

We got several more donations, and lots of stuff is HERE already! I have pictues, and need to update you all...
Today and tomorrow is TAXES deadline, so I'll be real busy! I promise to update once it's all over... But I may have to get some sleep in between...
Back to top Go down
SariYappa
Terrible Teen
Terrible Teen

PostSubject: Re: * Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC *   May 26th 2010, 15:15

Update on GottaLuvSuggies Glider Rescue SC...

Update #1:
I (Sari) was recently invited to assist in a zoology class, to share my knowledge on Sugar Gliders & Hedgehogs. It was a lot of fun, and a huge success. All day, class after class, showing off the babies, and talking about the things I love, it was a no-brainer for me! The teacher got all the classes together to make a donation for my babies, and our rescue efforts. We were able to pay back the LGG vet fund IN FULL. What an unexpected SCORE!!
Thanks to the LGG vet fund for being there when we needed you. We are more than pleased to be able to return the favor to another glider in need!!

Update #2:
Recently we held the "SSS in SC" Glider gathering at my house. It was a huge success, w/ lots of food, suggie family, sugar gliders, donations, gifts, auctions... we made lots of money for rescues in need!!

We successfully raised several hundred dollars for GLS Glider Rescue SC!! Thanks to all of you that participated, we could not have had nearly as much fun & success w/o you!!!
(sorry, I don't have the exact dollar amount w/ me, but I didn't want to delay this post!)

Our efforts are now on getting ready for the SGGA, and getting ready for the picture sales!!!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
caliejean86
Terrible Twos
Terrible Twos

PostSubject: Re: * Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC *   May 26th 2010, 15:30

Can we still donate to the cause?

I am cleaning out my suggies room and have stuff I won in raffles and have not used and would love to donate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.partylite.biz/tammycastonguay
SariYappa
Terrible Teen
Terrible Teen

PostSubject: Re: * Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC *   May 27th 2010, 00:09

It's never too late to donate to the cause, caliejean86, that would be AWESOME!

Thank You!!! hugging
Back to top Go down
BindiAndScrubbie
Newlywed
Newlywed

PostSubject: Re: * Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC *   May 27th 2010, 08:08

Sari, you left out on the list a Suggie Tipper toy from me that matches the Drop Pendant. Just saying. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://SpoiledRottenSuggies.com
SariYappa
Terrible Teen
Terrible Teen

PostSubject: Re: * Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC *   May 27th 2010, 11:52

Davie, you are SO RIGHT! Sorry honey, I didn't update since then...
They'll really know when I post pics of all the wonderful stuff!

Okay, here is an updated list of "The Big Basket of Goodies"

3. A Cage Set WITH Matching Toys from Jen (jen102375) (this is HUGE)
4. A GliderKids Carrier AND some Cage Door twist locks from Candy Otte
5. An HPW pack from Peggy (SRLB)
6. A Black Magnum Wheel Gift Certificate from AtticWorx (Anita)
(Wheel will be shipped directly to the winner)
7. A Drop Pendant Toy, w/ suggie tipper toy to match from Spoiled Rotten Suggies by Davie (BindieAndScrubbie)
8. Treat Basket including ALL THIS STUFF!: from Kristy (suggielover55303)
1 blueberry/papaya fruit treat mix 195 g bag
1 papaya 8 oz bag
1 12 oz package of yoggies
1 5oz package of papaya and mango
1 goji berry treat 3 oz package
9. Donation from calliejean86 (more details to follow)

I think I'm still missing some stuff, gotta peruse through the pile on the pool table!
Back to top Go down
saturngirl
Bundle Of Joy
Bundle Of Joy

PostSubject: Re: * Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC *   July 12th 2010, 23:10

When is all this wonderful stuff going to be raffled off??
Back to top Go down
SariYappa
Terrible Teen
Terrible Teen

PostSubject: Re: * Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC *   August 30th 2010, 08:21

It's about time!!

You may be asking
"Did I miss out?"
"When is this 'non-raffle' going to take place?"
"Did they get my donations?"
"Who is going to win?"

... it's almost here. We will be starting to "sell the winning picture" in the next 2 weeks, so stay tuned for further information, and instructions on how YOU could have a chance to win all this wonderful stuff!!!

Thanks for waiting for us. We are a new organization, with only 2 people running it, and there was the SSS, and the SGGA and lots of rescues to take care of...

Now it's time to have a little fun! So stay tuned... hamster dance
Back to top Go down
caliejean86
Terrible Twos
Terrible Twos

PostSubject: Re: * Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC *   August 30th 2010, 12:00

I totally forgot about this. I pmd to get an address to send my donations to you.

Tammy Castonguay
www.partylite.biz/tammycastonguay
Back to top Go down
WintersSong
Bundle Of Joy
Bundle Of Joy

PostSubject: Re: * Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC *   September 20th 2010, 17:44

Sooo, when is this non-raffle thing happening? Smile
Back to top Go down
BindiAndScrubbie
Newlywed
Newlywed

PostSubject: Re: * Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC *   September 20th 2010, 18:38

Uh oh...Sara has the bidding itch already. lol
Back to top Go down
http://SpoiledRottenSuggies.com
SariYappa
Terrible Teen
Terrible Teen

PostSubject: Re: * Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC *   October 12th 2010, 13:43

oops My apologies...

I have to give my sincere apologies. I am so sorry to all of you in the community. My life has taken a very different turn in the last several months, and the efforts of Glider Rescue were larger than I could have imagined. This has severely affected the outcome of our 'non-raffle' that was supposed to be held months ago. oops

I started with great intentions, made a big stink about it, got things rolling with vendors, and here we are... still no raffle Sad
I want all vendors and bidders alike to know WE STILL HAVE ALL THE DONATIONS!! They are still sitting on my pool table where I took the long awaited pictures, and never posted them. Please accept my apologies.

If you would like to hear the long, drawn out version of how my life has drastically changed in the last several months, I can pour my heart out here. But the bottom line is that I want you to know that the rescue efforts have been going well, we were able to raise money from other efforts, and therefore the non-raffle was put aside due to personal circumstances. NOT OK! But it is, what it is.

I am sending a personal apology to all vendors that were nice enough to donate for our cause. I am giving them the option to 'opt out' and if so, I'll pay to ship the donations back to the donator (from my personal funds). Once I have all of the replies, I plan to post the pics of what is left in the goody basket, and we'll have a good 'ol fashioned critterbin auction, to raise the money and get some awesome prizes out to one lucky winner! Very Happy

So if you are still in the mood to win a great big basket of goodies, then the effort will continue! Smile

I've still got "Chip" the little baby that had his back torn apart from his mommy. He if FINALLY all healed up, and getting ready for his new home with Shellie. We are hoping that the intros are successful, but Jana & I will be an integral part of the process. We'll just have to wait and see.

I hope you accept our apologies, and continue to support our grave efforts. I am embarrassed by my non-actions, and do not want to isolate ourselves from the wonderful people that have supported us through this new beginning.
Thank you for reading my post. hangingout
Back to top Go down
SariYappa
Terrible Teen
Terrible Teen

PostSubject: Re: * Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC *   October 12th 2010, 13:45

We have had an overwhelming response from vendors, all positive, and NOT ONE vendor has backed out of their donations! I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

Suggie People Rock!!

I promise to keep updating. I am waiting for 2 more responses.

** If you have donated an item for this cause, and did not get a recent PM from me, PLEASE POST HERE or PM ME IMMEDIATELY!!!

Again, THANK YOU EVERYONE!! hugging

Last edited by SariYappa on October 12th 2010, 14:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I found her!)
Back to top Go down
caliejean86
Terrible Twos
Terrible Twos

PostSubject: Re: * Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC *   October 12th 2010, 14:14

Sari I am sending out the package tomorrow. I am sorry I have been a mess since my hubby is still out of work since January and today was nothing but bad news from the Drs. I will email you a picture so you know what is coming. Sorry again for the delay.

Tammy Castonguay
www.partylite.com/sweepstakes enter code TYD7G3 for a chance to win a $10,000 room makeoever everyday till Nov 30.
Back to top Go down
SariYappa
Terrible Teen
Terrible Teen

PostSubject: Re: * Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC *   October 12th 2010, 14:52

Tammy, no apologies necessary! Thank you so much for still donating, we appreciate more than we can say. I am SO sorry you are having such a rough year. It's not fair. I am sending lots of positive thoughts your way, for you and hubby too! hugging
Back to top Go down
caliejean86
Terrible Twos
Terrible Twos

PostSubject: Re: * Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC *   October 13th 2010, 09:29

OK package is in the mail. I am sorry it is so late. I am having alot of stress here on the home front. George may not ever be able to work again. So big changes are coming up in my life. Which are probably not going to be good.

Tammy
Back to top Go down
SariYappa
Terrible Teen
Terrible Teen

PostSubject: Re: * Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC *   October 13th 2010, 22:36

Thank you Tammy! Hugs to you and George!!!!

Ok, I am having picture difficulties, but here is a teaser...

Back to top Go down
SariYappa
Terrible Teen
Terrible Teen

PostSubject: Re: * Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC *   October 16th 2010, 23:26

Tammy, we got the package!!! Very Happy

THANK YOU so much! It is jam packed full! We'll take and post pics tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
caliejean86
Terrible Twos
Terrible Twos

PostSubject: Re: * Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC *   October 17th 2010, 09:11

awesome, glad it arrived and again I am sorry it was late.

Tammy Castonguay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: * Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC *   

Back to top Go down

* Gottaluvsuggies Glider Rescue SC *
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next