Sugar Glider Neighborhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Won't You Be Our Neighbor?

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

front leg problem

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

front leg problem Empty
PostSubject: front leg problem   front leg problem EmptyJuly 25th 2010, 22:29

One of our pregnant gliders can't use her front left leg. no injury noticed, no apparent reason. can't see vet in AM, but what in the meantime. not acting like a glider should at all, but is hungry. what do we do?! help!
Back to top Go down
queenduck
Co-Owner and Queen
Co-Owner and Queen
queenduck

front leg problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: front leg problem   front leg problem EmptyJuly 25th 2010, 22:33

Well if she is hungry, let her eat. Watch her carefully, front leg problems is probably and injury you can not see. Make sure she gets to the vet.

I'd post at The Sweet Spot if I were you, you'll get people there that have more experience with vets, illness and injury.

Good luck and keep us updated.

The Sweet Spot
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

front leg problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: front leg problem   front leg problem EmptyJuly 25th 2010, 22:54

okay thank you!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

front leg problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: front leg problem   front leg problem EmptyJuly 26th 2010, 12:46

Vet was not able th get any blood but did do an xray. There are no broken bones and the bone density looks normal in all extremities. I am keeping her in the travel carrier to limit her mobility for now. She has had an apple slice & pedialyte and is sleeping right next to me for now. She is also dehydrated and I am concerned about her joey. I believe she has about 3-4 weeks to go so just adds to the stress. Please keep us in your prayers.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

front leg problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: front leg problem   front leg problem EmptyJuly 27th 2010, 10:58

Well, she is eating & drinking and still staying in the travel carrier to limit mobility. I am getting pain meds for her today so she can rest more comfortably to heal. At this point it is thought to be a sprain or soft tissue injury. I am concerned about the joey & the pain meds. Anyone have any info about that?
Back to top Go down
lovely1inred
Newlywed
Newlywed
lovely1inred

front leg problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: front leg problem   front leg problem EmptyJuly 30th 2010, 20:12

I think regardless of how the pain meds could affect the joey, she needs to be given them at whatever dosage and routine the vet says. If she is hurting and stressing she's that much more likely to pull the joey. It's been a couple of days, how is her condition now?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

front leg problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: front leg problem   front leg problem EmptyJuly 31st 2010, 14:37

I know she needed the pain meds no matter what and she did have 4 doses of metacam. She does appear to be improving very slowly. Her leg is now in a more normal position and not being dragged behind her. She is eating well but I think she has pulled the joey. I have had her with me the whole week, so I don't know how she could have, but we are going back to the vet on Monday so we will see.
Back to top Go down
lovely1inred
Newlywed
Newlywed
lovely1inred

front leg problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: front leg problem   front leg problem EmptyJuly 31st 2010, 22:27

Well crud...it is too bad if she pulled the joey. It is good that she is feeling better though. When I watched the video Heather had posted, it looked like she wanted to use the leg but didn't know how, as if the muscle/tendons/ligaments connection was somehow sprained or downright too painful. I hope she continues to improve and I wish I could sit with her even if it was just a few hours to give you a rest.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

front leg problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: front leg problem   front leg problem EmptyAugust 1st 2010, 13:12

This morning I put her with her man in a small bird cage with a tee pee type pouch that hangs only a few inches from the bottom of the cage so she doesn't have to climb too much. Of course the camera needed to be charged, but it brought me to tears to see them back together! He sniffed her all over & then put his arm around her shoulder and kissed her all over her face. She just leaned into him and closed her eyes! It was so precious!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

front leg problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: front leg problem   front leg problem Empty

Back to top Go down

front leg problem
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sugar Glider Neighborhood :: In Need Of A Neighbor :: 911- Ambulance!!!!!-
Jump to: